Welcome to OSCC55+ Recreation Programs!
Oshawa Senior Community Centres is committed to provide a welcoming, caring, and accepting environment for its members, guests, volunteers and general public at all of its activities, events and programs.
As a participant in recreation programs of the OSCC you are responsible to:
- Treat participants, volunteers and staff with respect and consideration. This includes ensuring behavior or actions are not harassing, offensive, discriminatory, threatening or intimidating
- Display a friendly, welcoming attitude toward others
- Interact with one another in a courteous, civil, respectful and fair manner
- Demonstrate ‘good sportsmanship’ when participating in programs and respect all skill levels
- Act within the policies, procedures and guidelines of the OSCC
- Respect the OSCC property and the property of OSCC partners
- Respect the private property and belongings of other participants
As a participant in recreation programs of the OSCC you have the right to:
- Participate regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, religious beliefs, political beliefs and other ideologies
- Be treated in a non-judgmental and respectful way
- Be free from discrimination and harassment
- Provide input and feedback into programs and services
We strive to create an atmosphere of respect, fun and friendship, free of conflict and fear. Participants are encouraged to take responsibility for their personal comfort and safety by asking any person whose behavior threatens their comfort to refrain from such behavior, and/or reporting this behavior to OSCC staff for follow up.
Click here to check out the complete list, and further details about, drop-in recreation programs.